General Assessment Guidance
• Your summative assessment for this module is made up of this 1 submission which accounts for 100% of the marks
• Please note late submissions will not be marked.
• You are required to submit all elements of your assessment via Turnitin online access. Only submissions made via the specified mode will be accepted and hard copies or any other digital form of submissions (like via email or pen drive etc.) will not be accepted.
• For coursework, the submission word limit is 2,500 words. You must comply with the word count guidelines. You may submit LESS than 2,500 words but not more. Word Count guidelines can be found on your programme home page and the coursework submission page.
• Do not put your name or contact details anywhere on your submission. You should only put your student registration number (SRN) which will ensure your submission is recognised in the marking process.
• A total of 100 marks are available for this module assessment, and you are required to achieve minimum 50% to pass this module.
• You are required to use only Harvard Referencing System in your submission. Any content which is already published by other author(s) and is not referenced will be considered as a case of plagiarism.
You can find further information on Harvard Referencing in the online library on the VLE. You can use the following link to access this information: http://bpp.libguides.com/Home/StudySupport
• BPP University has a strict policy regarding authenticity of assessments. In proven instances of plagiarism or collusion, severe punishment will be imposed on offenders. You are advised to read the rules and regulations regarding plagiarism and collusion in the GARs and MOPP which are available on VLE in the Academic registry section.
• You should include a completed copy of the Assignment Cover sheet. Any submission without this completed Assignment Cover sheet may be considered invalid and not marked.
2. Assessment Brief
This module is assessed through one graded element. You must achieve at least 50% to pass this module. By completing this assessment, you will the following learning outcomes (LOs):
• LO1: Critically reflect on key opportunities and challenges leaders face in leading complex organisations through digital disruption
• LO2: Understand how to sense changes, make informed decisions and adjust quickly in highly disruptive times
• LO3: Critically evaluate the significance of human factors and technologies to lead transformation and create a digital-ready and innovative culture
• LO4: Critically reflect on the mechanisms required to build teams and influence networks in complex and interconnected digital organisations Assessment Scenario
For this assignment, you will be acting as the new Chief Information Officer (CIO) for ONE of the organisations below. The board of directors have tasked you to produce a new “Digital Transformation Report`` proposal designed to evaluate and recommend changes that the organisation must implement by means to retain its competitiveness in a market vastly influenced by technology.
Select ONLY 1 for your report
The first Islamic bank in Pakistan that commenced operations in 2002.
Multinational automotive manufacturing company.
Entertainment subscription based streaming service.
Multinational corporation that designs and manufactures shoes, clothing, and accessories.
Task 1: Change Analysis and Opportunities (20% weighting, LO1)
• Prepare a clear introduction of your chosen organisation (e.g. the size of the organisation, its core products and services, and the industry it operates). • Identify and critically evaluate 3 areas of the organisation that are being impacted by digital disruption. • Finally provide key opportunities that the CIO can take in order to successfully digitally transform the organisation. Task 2: Digital Business Agility (30% weighting, LO2)
By leveraging on the model developed by the Global Center for Digital Business Transformation
(2018), advise your organisation on which initiatives and digital technologies can be used by your
chosen company to gain Digital Business Agility.
For each component of the Digital Business Agility Model (i.e., hyperawareness, make informed decisions and execute fast), you need to provide a proposal on how your organisation will be implementing new technology trends (e.g., Machine learning, Internet of Things, Artificial
Intelligence, Virtual/Augmented Reality) in order to detect change and adjust their business model to meet future market need.
Task 3: Creating a Digital Ready Culture (25% weighting, LO3)
For this task, you must recommend innovative approach on how your chosen organisation should install a digital-ready culture to support digital transformation.
Specifically, for this task, you need to advise on how your organisation can create a digital-ready culture by:
1. Putting customers first
2. Creating a collaborative culture
3. Instilling a culture of innovation
4. Becoming a digital-champion
N.B: your arguments must be critical with the support of academic literatures and real case examples.
Task 4: Developing Digital Leadership (15% weighting, LO4)
By using the Goleman’s leadership styles, advise which Goleman’s style leaders within your organisation need to develop to support its digital transformation. Your arguments need to be supported by academic literature.
Once you have identified the leadership style that will help your organisation to successfully digitally transform, advise your organisation on approaches and techniques that can be used to develop this leadership style in its leaders (e.g., Grow Model).
Structure and References (10%)
• Structure is in line with the given instructions • Give a professional appearance with consistent formatting • Spelling and grammar are correct • Each page has a page number in the Footer • Any tables or figures are correctly labelled • Tables and figures do not cross boundaries, unless necessary • Properly cite your sources in the text and in the list of references • Use Harvard style for referencing and in-text citations (see referencing guides and https://bpp.libguides.com/Home/StudySupport)