Factors that make the installation of photovoltaic technologies more attractive include:
- Security of energy supply and increasing costs
- Desire for renewable technologies
- Reliability of Photovoltaic (PV) technologies
- Improving efficiency of PV technologies
- Decreasing €/kWe of PV technology
- Legislation such as the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) encouraging businesses to adopt the use of PV
These factors have combined to put the spotlight on PV technology for energy consultants.
You are required as part of this assignment to consider PV technology under the following
- Provide an overview of the development of the Photovoltaic (PV) industry. Indicate how these global trends could impact on the development of the PV market in Ireland
- Download RETScreen (http://www.retscreen.net/ang/download.php) and use it to evaluate a site in Ireland for its kWh output potential per annum for a small 50 kWe photovoltaic system. Comment on the feasibility of developing a small-scale PV system in Ireland.
- Using current prices for inverters, PV panels, installation costs, cables, electrical components, etc. Calculate the minimum payment per kWhr required to make the installation of PV technologies economically viable in Ireland (show clearly all sources of Information)
- The introduction/conclusion format, layout, indexing, references and length of document guideline 5000 words) will constitute 10% of the overall mark. The Harvard referencing tem or the IEEE referencing system is to be used throughout