Critical Issues in Business
Purpose of the Assessment
• The purpose of this assignment is to write a critical literature review on one key topic from the below current business topics:
2. The power of people in organisations
4. New Thinking in Strategic Management
• It is essential that you are able to critically review literature as this is a key component of master’s level work.
• This assignment also requires you to read and analyse a range of academic materials, again a key component of master’s level study.
• It is important that you can demonstrate your ability to read widely and that you are able to discuss, analyse and critically analyse the research that you use in your work.
• As a masters level business student it is also essential that your knowledge is up to date in relation to key business issues and that you can reach evidence based conclusions in your writing. This means that all of your writing is supported by quality academic material and is correctly Harvard Referenced.
• Select one key topic from (Leadership, The power of people in organisations, Globalisation
New Thinking in Strategic Management, Sustainability)
• You must then write a 2,500 word critical literature review on your chosen topic. You must use good quality academic sources to give an overview of your chosen topic such as academic journals and quality practitioner materials and sources. You must discuss and critique the sources that you use in order to reach evidence based conclusions.
• You are required to use good quality academic sources throughout your work to support your arguments.
• This assignment requires you to justify your choice of key topic, why have you chosen a particular topic, why is it the most relevant topic for discussion? Use evidence to support your choice.
• A critical literature review requires you to look at good quality research on your chosen topic to give an overview of the research in this area. This will require you to discuss academic definitions, identify key themes in the literature, and discuss the potential applications and implications of the literature and to show that you understand the quality of the sources that you are using.
• Complete your discussions with an overall conclusion which is based on and referenced with quality academic material.