Upon successful completion of this module, students will have demonstrated
1. A critical understanding of the main theories and principles surrounding the
management of service quality
2. A critical understanding of the range and importance of tools used for assessing
3. The ability to critically appraise the management of service quality for a given service
4. The ability to critically evaluate a range of theories and sources associated with
Your submission link will become available approximately 3 weeks prior to your submission
deadline. Your submission will be on your module space on Canvas. Please refer to the ‘General
Assessment Guidance’ under the Assignment tab, for detailed instructions on how to submit and
how to check for your marks and feedback.
Your mark and feedback will be made available to you electronically once the internal moderation
has taken place, which is after 4 weeks from your submission deadline.
The University is committed to the universal academic standard, which requires that students must
not submit materials which contain someone else`s work without appropriate acknowledgement. By
submitting, you confirm that the work you submit is your own and that you have read and
understood the guide to academic integrity and academic misconduct.
Assessment: Project Report
Individual project report, assessing learning outcomes 1 to 4, contributing 100% of module marks.
You are a quality management consultant for Visit England’s QIT and have been appointed by a
service organization from Tourism/Hospitality/Events background (CHOOSE ONLY ONE) to
improve their current service delivery.
Your task is to write a report to the Management team which should include the following:
1. Justify the importance of managing and measuring service quality, recommending the
adoption of appropriate service quality management methods.
2. Establish and analyse their current service delivery/practices through the assessment of the
impact this will have on the front-line employees, their engagement and also managerial
3. Finally, produce a Customer Feedback System (CFS) framework that the chosen organisation
can utilise to monitor and continually improve service quality.
Your answer can be justified and illustrated by specific examples of best practice organizational
You will be given credit for –
1. Ability to draw on a range of sources (academic and industry specific)
2. Clearly structured answer
3. Use of relevant examples from the area of hospitality, tourism or events.
4. demonstrating analytical powers
5. Original or imaginative thinking
6. Ability to explore a theoretical argument that has clear implications for service businesses.
7. Critical appraisal of the main theories and principles associated with the management of service
Make a reasoned argument in an academically well written report that leads the reader through
argument and debate to a clear conclusion. The argument will therefore embrace the service
concept whilst identifying a range of theoretical quality models.
The word limit is 4,500 words.