As technology has been an increasingly important factor in all of our lives for the past 50 years, it
is important to realise that the healthcare sector has been in parts the forerunner and in some cases
it has remained outdated. Referring to a recently published article (Alrahbi, D., Khan, M. and
Hussain, M., 2021. Exploring the motivators of technology adoption in healthcare. International
Journal of Healthcare Management, 14(1), pp.50-63.) the adoption of Health Information
Technology (HIT) is dependent on different healthcare stakeholders. These stakeholders are:
Patients; Members of Society; Foresight experts and Employees. The article goes on to explains
different motivators for the stakeholders to adopt HIT.
- What is the main motivator for each of the stakeholder groups?
- Following this article and with the use of other academic sources, please explain what obstacles and motivators the stakeholders will encounter in the implementation of a electronic patient/health record.
- Please look at your own country. Does it have a universal electronic health record? Please explain what the driving factors were for its implementation or why it has not been implemented. (Do write the name of your country) -CLO 5,CLO 4
2. In preparation and prevention of another health crisis, the governments of the world need to have
a plan on how to deal with the costs that occur as a result of a pandemic. These plans greatly
differ per country, however it is wise to learn from successes and failings of other countries.
Please read the following article: Thomson, S., García-Ramírez, J.A., Akkazieva, B., Habicht, T.,
Cylus, J. and Evetovits, T., 2022. How resilient is health financing policy in Europe to economic
shocks? Evidence from the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2008 global financial
crisis. Health Policy, 126(1), pp.7-15.
- What are the consequences for the health of a population with the implementation of austerity measures and how did this influence the healthcare outcomes during the Covid19 pandemic? -CLO 3
3. Congratulations, you’re the director of a health care organisation in the UAE. This fictitious
health organization needs to be prepared for the future. Your organization works in the field of
old-age care. Based on the current health trends in the UAE and the world, please answer the
- State the Vision and Mission statement of your organization.
- Use the OKR’s to decide upon the Strategic Priorities; Strategic Initiatives /Projects; Daily, weekly, monthly decisions. -CLO 1
4. Besides the cost, management of public health and all the factors relating to the social
determinants of health have been very important in the governmental responses to Covid-19. -
a. The United Kingdom has had multiple problems in the field of healthcare management
when it comes to Covid-19. This cumulated in many reports, editorials and articles on the
subject. Please conduct a SWOT-analysis based on the academic and governmental
sources available on the UK’s handling of the pandemic. Please provide at least three
points in every window. Propose strategies to overcome the identified threats and
weakness key points.
b. Conduct a SWOT-Analysis on your own governmental response to the Covid-19
pandemic. Please provide at least three points in every window. Propose strategies to
overcome the identified threats and weakness key points.
c. When looking at the SWOT-analysis that you have conducted, please explain if there are
similarities between the two countries. What are lessons that your country can learn from
how the UK approached the pandemic?