Details of what you are expected to do:
- Rationale The overall objective of the assignment is to show an understanding of the impact of culture and other macro factors on the marketing of products, as well as insight into market attractiveness and entry. Students will be expected to evaluate a complex marketing environment in order to analyse opportunities and develop an appropriate marketing strategy.
- The intended learning outcomes being assessed are I LO’s 2 and 3.
- PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES ON MYBU CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS ASSIGNMENT
- Overview of assignment You are employed by a marketing agency who has recently been asked by an Italian manufacturer to advise them on the launch of a pasta to the Philippines.
- You are required to prepare a presentation, but not actually deliver it, by creating 12 slides with explanatory notes (maximum 3000 words) covering the following areas of concern:
A The company needs your advice as to the best target segment for their pasta. Explain the rationale for your choice.
B Should the company adopt the same brand strategy for the Philippines as it does for Italy, or differentiate according to the country?
C Advise whether entering the Philippines is an appropriate strategy.
D If you consider that this is an appropriate strategy, then recommend an entry method to the company.
D If you consider that this is not an appropriate strategy, recommend, on the basis of some preliminary research, an alternative country in Asia for the company to enter?