ED5010 Families, Children and Education RESIT Question
A) For students that did not submit or failed both components submit course work one and two
B) For students that failed a component submit course work one or two highlighting the failed component e.g. COURSEWORK ONE RESIT or COURSEWORK TWO RESIT that needs to be reassessed.
Make sure that you follow the feedback given to make changes to your work so that you do not plagiarise yourself.
Assessment Requirements in Detail
1. Essay (3,5oo words) 60% CW1
The concept of the nuclear family has been viewed as a viable structure in terms of a nurturing environment to raise a family and educate children. What are the current debates around alternative forms of family and their position in society in regards to raising children?
2. Group activity (1,500 words) 40% CW2
Your presentation should be a written piece outlining an assessment process that can be used to assess needs and intervention within a family, child and education setting.
****Present 1,500 words as a theoretical written piece that discusses the professional practice of assessment and critical evaluation of needs covering the following points;
- Purpose of the assessment(why are you doing it)
- Benefits of the assessment (who are the stakeholders, why will this be worthwhile)
- Thresholds for statutory intervention (law /Policy)
- Process (of implementation)
- Challenges / barriers (foreseen)
- Analysis of information(how will you disseminate findings)
- Next steps (signposting/ referral/ closure)
Your write up individually should evaluate the process, bringing in the theoretical concepts that underpin the assessment process.