The aim of this assignment is to critically evaluate the current project governance structures and leadership approaches in an organization of your choice and suggest ways to improve these based on what you have learnt from the readings and block workshop for this subject.
Your assignment should include the following:
1. Describe and evaluate the project governance structures and leadership approaches currently adopted by the organization you have selected which can include some or all of:
• Board level
• Portfolio and Program Management
• Linking of project and corporate strategies
• Governance of individual projects
• Relationship with stakeholders
2. Suggest new or additional governance structures and leadership approaches that could be adopted to improve project performance in the selected organization.
Guidelines for formatting and submission:
All papers to be submitted in word (.doc or docx) or rich text (.rtf) format (not pdf).
Assignments are to be submitted by posting them into the relevant drop box in the Assignments Folder on UTS Online by the due date stated in the subject outline.
Your assignment should be clearly labelled. No hard copies please and keep the graphics simple to reduce file size
If you are including material from other files within your assignments (such as graphics, or tables etc) then please make sure that you embed them in the document. It is a good idea to check that your assignments and all of the relevant inclusions can be opened successfully by looking at them on someone else`s computer.
If you are submitting multiple files for an assignment make sure that they are all ready to go when you submit. Multiple files can be submitted at the initial submission point (the `Add Another File` button) but you cannot add them after the initial submission has been completed.
Please do not copy or repeat the slides presented at the workshop. You can refer to them using Day /Topic/Slide Number.
The maximum word length for the assignment is 2500 words excluding an executive summary or abstract and list of references. Appendices are not preferred unless they are essential. Please limit the maximum number of pages to 15 A4 sheets including the cover sheet and appendices.
Each assignment should include:
• Title page - name and number of subject, your name, student number and submission date (Use a simple title page without any graphics to keep file size low).
• Numbered pages .e.g.1/15
• Name and number of subject, your name and student number in the footer of every page
• 11 point Arial or 12 point Times New Roman font, leave reasonable margin around sheet (15-25 mm).
• Titles should be of larger font bold; use maximum 3 levels of headings.
• All tables and diagrams should be imported into Word format and fit within page and be clear and useful for comprehension.
• Assignment files must be labelled as follows:
Family name-Smith-Steven -15346-Assignment 3 – dd-mm-yy.
Marks will be allocated to reflect:
• Knowledge: Knowledge of content from the subject topics; facts/supporting details; themes/issues; and concepts/ideas/ theories. (20 %)
• Reasoning: Analysis; evaluation and synthesis of evidence; and an ability to relate to present or past experience (20%)
• Communication: Well organised and structured presentation; logically written and argued; flows well and use of relevant literature and appropriate referencing(20%)