Part A (Physiology, 45%)
- Introduction to the athlete:
- What sport they do
- Energy systems required
- What fitness components are required
- Characteristics of the athlete
- Methodology & Justification of the assessments
- Provide the results of the assessments
- How does the athlete compare to others in the sport? What does he/she need to work on to improve?
Part B (Nutritional Assessment, 45%)
The main sections of the assignment should be as follows:
Provide a brief introduction to the case study from a nutritional perspective.
Literature Review (Main Content):
Provide a review of the relevant literature to discuss the ideal diet and nutrition, for a marathon runner (i.e. the specific athlete tested, who is training for the Marathon), with respect to health and sports performance.
-CHO, Fats, Proteins
-Requirements for training and recovery, as well as requirements for the race itself
-You may wish to calculate the athletes RMR
-You may wish to calculate the athletes EE at specific running intensities
Summary & Conclusion:
- Provide an overview of the main points from your literature review.
- Recommendations for the athlete