- To encourage students to be alert to labour relations issues in our world and to formulate well considered viewpoints and recommendations by applying course material to the issues.
- Go to the internet and find information about the BC Labour Relations Board.
In your report describe what the board does, the board`s composition and key operational features and processes. Provide your thoughts on the value of the Labour Relations Board in the BC labour relations system.
- Develop a discussion regarding the process of labour relation arbitration, what arbitrators do, how arbitration works and its value in the labour relations system.
The paper should be in the area of 3-5 pages, single-spaced and submitted in hard copy at the beginning of the class when it is due. Please identify the source(s) of your information.
- Submission will be evaluated on the quality of the written presentation including proper grammar and spelling.
- The Presentation should be clear, demonstrate insight and application of knowledge and generally provided evidence that effort and thought have gone into the work.