These are discussed along with the concept of the extended markeitng mix, which includes a consideration of people, physical evidence/physical assets, processes and partnerships.
Knowledge of this part of the subject helps you successfully complete assignment 3: The expanded marketing mix.
The final stage of the marketing audit is for you to evaluate how well the marketing mix of the organisation is performing for your chosen organisation. Referring and with the use of secondary research, please provide informed answers to the following questions: 1. Are there any products/services able to benefit from quality, feature and style improvements? If so, how?
2. Are there any new products worth adding?
3. What are the pricing objectives, policies, strategies and procedures? To what extent are prices set on sound cost, demand and competitive criteria?
4. What are the distribution objectives and strategies? How can these be improved?
5. What are the organisation’s promotional objectives and strategies? Are they sound?
6. How could the promotional budget be improved to get better results?
7. How could the use of the expanded marketing mix, as outlined in chapter 14 be used to improve the performance of the organisation?