1. Ulrich’s competencies, “Change Champion”, identify and explain each of 6 competencies in Factor One as needed by HR professionals to the extent to initiate change.
2. How are these competencies relevant to the GE case?
The Ulrich’s 6 Competencies include:
- Strategic positioners who understand evolving business contexts, stakeholder expectations and business requirements, and be able to translate them into talent, culture and leadership actions.
- Credible activists who build relationships of trust and have a clear point of view about how to build business performance.
- Capability builders who define, audit and create organization capabilities required for sustainable organizational success.
- Change champions who initiate and sustain change at the individual, initiative and institutional levels.
- HR innovators and integrators who look for new ways to do HR practices and integrate those separate practices to deliver business solutions.
- Technology proponents who use technology for efficiency to connect employees and to leverage new communication channels, such as social media.