Assignment Brief: Assessment 2 – Written Report
Threshold Assessment Criteria
Use knowledge and understanding of academic and ethical conventions and the research process to review published research.
Communicate clearly to your target audience.
Evaluate and select appropriate research methods.
Summarise and synthesise subject content.
Demonstrate the ability to use knowledge of the research process to evaluate the way in which research has been designed and the conclusions that have been reached.
Demonstrate understanding of reliability in relation to research.
Demonstrate knowledge of research methods.
Undertake basic evaluation of methods and outcomes.
Demonstrate the ability to structure your work appropriately.
Structured report (2000 words) structure:
Please make your own title. This should be short and concise and encompass the topic of research that you are discussing.
This should present an overviewof each of the research studies whilst introducing the overarching topics, highlighting key theories and/or approaches.
This section should focus on the specific empirical details of the studies that you have chosen. It is important that your report:
- Discusses the typeof research carried out
- Identifies and assesses the methodsused to collect data (include sampling)
- Compares and contrasts the pros and cons of the two pieces of research.
- Summarises the overall findings of the pieces of research you have chosen.
Your conclusion should provide an overall summary of the pieces of research that have been discussed. It should then attempt to draw conclusions about the reliability and validity of the claims made in the pieces of research.
Reflexive account (500 words) in which you should:
1. Identify what you learned about the subject areathrough preparing for the report.
2. Identify what you have learned about the research process, in preparation for this report and during this unit of study.