- Which of the following is not one of the typical portal revenue sources?
- tenancy deals
- commissions on sales
- referral fees
- subscription fees
- All of the following were parts of the vision during the early days of e-commerce except the belief that:
- entry costs to the online retail market would be much less than those needed to establish a physical storefront.
- the cost of acquiring customers would be much lower.
- Web consumers were rational and cost-driven.
- new, "first-mover" middlemen, with expertise in e-commerce, would force traditional intermediaries out of business.
- Which social network functionality allows users to easily post messages to the entire community?
- instant messaging
- message board
- ________ is a method for ensuring that suppliers precisely deliver ordered parts at a specific time and to a particular location.
- Supply-chain management
- Having an adaptive supply chain
- Tight coupling
- Materials requirement planning
- Omni-channel merchants are also referred to as:
- virtual merchants.
- bricks-and-clicks companies.
- catalog merchants.
- manufacturer-direct firms.
- Which of the following early leaders in social networking has been reinvented as a music-oriented social network?
- Which ethical principle asks you to consider the impact of your decision if the principles underlying your decision became an organizing principle of the entire society?
- the Social Contract rule
- the Slippery Slope
- Risk Aversion
- the Golden Rule
- Service industry groups are categorized generally into two groups, those that provide transaction brokering and those that involve:
- information brokering.
- retailing goods.
- providing hands-on services.
- ________ is the tendency to gravitate toward, and bid for, auction listings with one or more existing bids.
- Group buying
- Winner`s regret
- Herd behavior
- Bid rigging
- Which of the following is the fastest growing form of B2B e-commerce?
- industry consortiums
- private industrial networks
- Which of the following best explains why the service sector is a natural avenue for e-commerce?
- The service sector has historically been more technology-reliant.
- It is not; services are difficult to translate to e-commerce because they rely on face-to-face communication and barter.
- The service sector is less geographically reliant and more globally oriented.
- Much of the value in services is based on the collection, storage, and exchange of information.
- The MOTO sector of the retail industry is most similar to the ________ sector.
- general merchandise
- online retail sales
- specialty stores
- consumer durables
- All of the following are examples of technology convergence except:
- Apple TV.
- Amazon Books Publishing.
- the iPad.
- The Internet has resulted in lower search costs, increased price comparison, and lower prices to consumers for which insurance product line?
- automobile insurance
- health insurance
- property and casualty insurance
- term life insurance
- Which pricing plan charges fees to e-commerce firms based on the amount of traffic they generate?
- usage-based billing
- congestion pricing
- highway pricing
- cap pricing
- Which of the following primarily serve horizontal markets?
- e-procurement Net marketplaces and industry consortia
- exchanges and industry consortia
- e-distributors and exchanges
- e-distributors and e-procurement Net marketplaces
- Which of the following is the market leader in C2C auctions?
- A social consequence of the richness of Internet information is:
- very persuasive messages might reduce the need for multiple independent sources of information.
- an increase in vulnerability to hacking attacks.
- an increase in shallowness.
- an increase in the ease of creating misleading information.
- Which of the following allows the consumer to enter a maximum price and the auction software automatically bids up the goods to that maximum price in small increments?
- proxy bidding
- sealed bidding
- price matching
- watch lists
- Which of the following is not a current major trend in B2B e-commerce?
- The Internet of Things begins to impact how supply chains operate.
- Firms place a growing emphasis on rapid-response and optimal supply chain rather than lowest-cost supply chains.
- Large firms move toward consolidating regional B2B systems into global systems.
- B2B systems move towards cloud computing providers and away from individual corporate data centers.
- Which of the following e-commerce technology dimensions creates greater opportunities for cyberbullying?
- social technology
- All of the following are examples of Amazon Web Services except:
- Amazon Prime.
- Amazon Glacier.
- Amazon EC2.
- Amazon S3.
- Which of the following generates the largest share of media revenues?
- video games
- An example of an indirect good in the fast-food industry is:
- paper napkins.
- Which of the following is the second leading social network worldwide in terms of number of members?