1. Why is it critical to perform a penetration test on a web application and a web server prior to production implementation?
2. What is a cross-site scripting attack? Explain in your own words.
3. What is a reflective cross-site scripting attack?
4. If you can monitor when SQL injections are performed on an SQL database, what would you recommend as a security countermeasure to monitor your production SQL databases?
5. Given that Apache and Internet Information Services (IIS) are the two most popular web application servers for Linux and Microsoft® Windows platforms, what would you do to identify known software vulnerabilities and exploits?
6. What can you do to ensure that your organization incorporates penetration testing and web application testing as part of its implementation procedures?
7. What is the purpose of setting the DVWA security level to low before beginning the remaining lab steps?