Assignment Essay Guidance (2000 words)
Title: With reference to your service user descriptive narrative, discuss the Importance of collaborative working to promote person centred care. (title)
- Please write this in the 3rd person.
- Please put your service user narrative (500 words) in an appendix- it is not included in this 2000 word count.
- Demonstrate what elements of person-centred care and collaborative working were demonstrated or should/could have been demonstrated in your service user narrative.
- Although your narrative may be about your own profession and you should set the scene about collaboration in the first paragraphs. You will need to draw on the enablers and barriers to collaboration using your placement experiences and what you have learnt from the CP1 sessions. Linking to the theories of why it works or doesn’t.
Mental health nurse-placements attended to date- Learning Disability community services and drug and alcohol misuse service.
Please can narrative be based on one of these.
- Your reading should be focussed on these concepts, you should review your PowerPoint presentations and reading lists so that you are able to use that knowledge to inform your assignment.
- You are advised to read around the subjects using library sources so that you can demonstrate your knowledge with a wide range of supporting references.
- Communication will be an integral part of this collaborative process and person centred approaches and you should research and use relevant communication theories in your work.
- You should reference person centred care and collaborative working however please do not put large chunks of definitions/quotes in to your work as this does not make your work have criticality and uses the word count unwisely.
- Please make sure you discuss within the essay the importance of collaborative working to promote person centred care re: the title of the essay.
- The final discussion board which is around interprofessional working will assist you in having resources available to assist your learning around these subjects which can inform your final essay.