Coursework: Research Report
Write a report on the statistical relationship that you find between the stock price of the company that you have been assigned and the following three variables: the FTSE, the US$/GB£ exchange rate and the 10 year Gilt interest rate. The study should be based upon daily data over a 2 year period and a comparison should be made between the results from a similar study based upon month end data. Your assigned company will appear in the excel file posted to moodle for this purpose in week 2 of the term.
- Your data analysis must test hypotheses and include:
- Describing the relationships found within the time series
- Comparisons between the two time series
- Organise and visualise your data and results clearly, using tables and figures as appropriate.
- Explain your findings clearly.
- Draw conclusions from your findings. This may include recommendations where appropriate, depending on your topic.
- All statistical workings (computer output) must be shown in the appendix. Failure to do this will substantially reduce the total marks awarded to your study.
- Explain the use of your study, justify why it is interesting to do.
- State your overall research question(s) / objective(s).
- State and shortly justify your hypotheses
- Data and Research Methods
- Explain the metrics of your survey –sample size, periodicity, where gathered, etc.
- Test your hypotheses and provide your findings here.
- Summarise your findings in a professional way. Lengthy tables should be appended.
- Conclusion and Recommendations
Front matters include:
- Title page
End matters include: