Module Learning Outcomes
1. Describe how marketing techniques are used in the marketing of products in a range of organisations
2. Illustrate the limitations and constraints of marketing
3. Assess how a selected organisation uses marketing research to contribute to the development of its marketing plan
4. Describe the use of marketing research for marketing planning
5. Recognise how and why groups of customers are targeted for selected products
6. Develop a coherent marketing mix for a new product or service
7. Describe how cultural differences can alter the marketing message
You work for an organisation of your choosing. Select and research a product or service that they currently sell or offer. The Marketing Manager has asked you to produce a 1,750 word proposal on how you would market your chosen product or service. With the proposal you should consider the following;
The benefits and process of conducting market research within your chosen organisation. Debate how the findings of market research could aid the organisation in planning its activity to support your chosen product or service.
Within the Marketing Mix describe how and why customers and consumers are targeted through the marketing activity of your chosen product or service. Discuss how the activity is tailored to the target market? Describe and give examples of how cultural differences can alter the marketing message
When writing think about; What? Why? When? Where? How?
This will assist you to analyse, evaluate and reason your points of view. Remember to support your concept/academic argument with an examples as it allows the reader to appreciate the rigour and your understanding of the task. You will need to reference all sources using the Coventry University Harvard style of referencing.