In this paper, you are required to collect data and provide case study. Abstract description of climate in Iraq, Rainfall regime, selected regions. Furthermore, you are asked to provide an analysis and discussion on plots of a trend in rainfall, plots of historical draught, plots of future rainfall, plots of future draught all in each region and comment on them on the basis of collected data.
*Case Study and Data Collection
1. Description of climate in Iraq (map for country and neighbours)
2. Rainfall regime Iraq
3. Selected regions (stations locations have to be shown on the map)
4. Collected data (rainfall series, who gave the data)
The data is primary data and it’s collected by SPI model (Standardized Precipitation Index) to calculate the drought for past and future and the future rainfall data is collected from validating LARS-WG model that model is to calculate the future rainfall and this data is collected from Dr.Yassin Osman.
*Results Analysis and Discussion
- Plots of a trend in rainfall in each region and comment on them
- Plots of Historical draught in each region and comment on them
- Plots of future rainfall trend in each region and comment on them
-Plots of future droughts in each region and comment on them
And discuss all of them and compare between them (compare between the 3 future periods for each station and compare between the future and historical for each station).
The duration of the case study is in the past and present in (1960-2000) and the future which is three periods of times (2011-2030, 2046-2065 and 2080-2099) that’s for each one of the five regions we study in Iraq which is (Baghdad, Basrah, Sulimania, Rutba and singer).
*Conclusions and Recommendations
6.2 Recommendations (Solutions to cope with drought)