LESSON 10 ASSIGNMENT
1. Determine the types of equipment used to maintain a specific sports turf area (selected by you in your Set Task for this lesson). (Write a list of up to half a page).
2. Identify and list material requirements for maintaining the selected turf area (from your Set Task) including: • soils • fertilisers • pesticides.
3. Determine and list staffing requirements for maintaining the selected turf area (from your Set Task).
4. Determine budget needs for a 12 month cycle of maintenance for the selected turf area (from your Set Task). Create a list of no more than a page, summarizing what the costs in manpower, equipment and materials might be)
5. Prepare site (sketch) plans for two different turf facilities, selected by you that indicates/shows: • location and size of turfed areas • location of services • means of access • other relevant information. (Note: These do not need to be elaborate drawings. We are only expecting rough sketches!)
6. Prepare lists of equipment and material requirements for the two sports turf facilities –which you prepared site plans for above.
7. Develop maintenance schedules for a one year period, for the two sports turf facilities which you prepared site plans for above.
8. Develop a plan for managing the use of each of the two turf facilities which you prepared site plans for above. (write no more than half a page for each)