ONLY SELECT ONE VIDEO AND NO PLAGIARISM PLEASE. You need to answer the reflective questions associated with the video in your movie log. All papers should be done in APA style. You will submit the papers electronically using under the Course Content tab on Blackboard.
As you view the movie "Precious," think about the following questions and keep in mind the scoring rubric for this assignment. Using the narrative style, you should address a few of the questions from the following domains (physical, cognitive, psychosocial) about the video.
1. Identify and describe the parenting style of Precious’ mother? How did this parent style impact Precious in terms of her physical, cognitive, social and moral development? Provide very specific examples.
2. What is the task of adolescence according to Erikson? In your opinion, did Precious accomplish the task/challenge? Explain your answer.
3. What role did peer influence have on Precious while she attended the Alternative Higher Education Program?
4. Which structure of Freudian personality theory would best describe Precious? Her mother?
5. In your opinion, which ego-defense mechanisms did Precious frequently use to check her fears, anxieties and impulses?
6. The movie “Precious” is based upon a bestselling book entitled Push by Sapphire. In your opinion, is “Push” an appropriate title for this story? Explain and provide evidence to support your position.
7. Overall, what is your reaction to this movie? What if anything did you learn from watching this movie?
The Breakfast Club
Before viewing the video, review the following theories: Piaget, Elkind, (cognitive) Erikson, Marcia, (psychosocial) Kohlberg and Gilligan (moral). These theories may be found in chapters 11 and 12. Choose one of the main characters from the film to evaluate in terms of three (3) of the above-cited theories. Be sure you discuss the concepts of adolescent cognitive development, identity formation, socioemotional (psychosocial) status and moral development as they relate to your character. Describe specific insights, dialogues, or events from the film to support your position.
Note: You may view the Breakfast Club at YouTube. Also you may Google the movie title to obtain a copy of the movie script.
Why Did I Get Married
Before viewing this video, review the appropriate theories and research on love and marriage found in chapters 13 and 14 i.e., triangular theory of love, Vaillant, Ainsworth, etc..Using these theories, choose one of the couples from the video to evaluate in terms of the relationship with each other and their peers. Then evaluate one of the members of the dyad to evaluate in terms of their physical, cognitive and psychosocial status. How does your character fit into the theories? What is the film doing? Does the film accurately/appropriately depict marriage according to what you have read in your class materials? What did you learn from the video? What does the video leave out?
Before viewing this video, review the appropriate theories and research on aging. These theories may be found in chapters 17 – 19 in your textbook. Choose one of the main characters from the film to evaluate in terms of the theories you studied in your textbook. Identify and discuss three specific theories, theorists and research indicated in these chapters. How does your character fit into the theories? What is the film doing? How does it relate to the concepts of (Physical, Cognitive, and Psychosocial domains) and theories, i.e., Piaget, Ainsworth, activity, disengagement theory etc. discussed in the text? What did you learn from the film? What does the film leave out? What additional questions would you consider?