PRS 201 Public Relations Theory and Practice
Assessment One – Public Relations Case Study – 30%
This assessment is based on a short article that reviews the BP Oil Case Study and the Queensland floods (this article can be found on Moodle).
The purpose of this assessment is to apply public relations theory and principles to these two case studies and prepare a report. Use the article on Moodle as a starting point. You are required to read the public relations literature on both cases, as well as peer review scholarly articles and your textbook (see Reference List in Unit Outline), before attempting to answer each of the following questions.
- Identify the publics in the BP and Queensland floods case studies? (150 words)
- Segment and Prioritise (identify the Publics? (200 words)
- What different approaches were adopted by the leaders in the two cases? (200 words)
- Define corporate image. How does it differ from corporate reputation? (250 words)
- If you had been the CEO of BP what different strategies and tactics would you have adopted? (300 words)
- Answer all Case study questions (700 words)
- Conclusion (50 words)
Total length: Approximately 2000 words
Assessments must be typed. 1.5 line spacing and double spacing between paragraphs. Do not present as an essay or business report. Each question will be marked separately.
Citations and Referencing – Minimum 8 – 10 (Text book and academic journals).
Your answer must include in-text citations and a Reference List of all the sources used in answering the questions.
Assessments are to be submitted electronically through Turn-in-In software and in hard copy in the Week 10 class.