MODULE TITLE: Business Start-Up project
MODULE CODE: STR6011
Learning outcomes and assessment criteria specific to this assignment:
1. Formulate a Business Plan for a new business opportunity, and identify suitable funding sources.
2. Research and evaluate the feasibility of the business idea.
3. Present the business opportunity.
4. Carry out a detailed industry analysis, market analysis study and academic literature review.
In the business plan you need to include feasibility discussions and demonstrate how you would get the venture up and running and run it for the first three years:
• Examine the feasibility of your opportunity (technological, legal, financial, market and industry feasibility, operational feasibility):
• Critically appraise the industry analysis in terms of strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats;
• Critically appraise the consumer / buyer buying behaviour in the past and future and give evidence of actual primary research carried out;
• Suggest a legal structure for the business activity;
• Outline management structure, human resources and organisational structure for the first three years;
• Provide a start-up budget, sales forecast, balance sheet and cash flow for the first three years;
• In the financial planning section analyse the financial assumptions made about cost and sales;
• Suggest a marketing strategy with some written explanation for the first three years;
• Provide an operational plan for the first three years;
• Present the business model and value creation for all stakeholders for three years
• Discuss risks and rewards.