BHO0252 Assignment Brief 1
Assignment 1: The summative individual essay will be 1500 words in length not including references or any other extraneous content.
Students will support argumentation with concepts from material provided in lectures and tutorials, via unilearn and the reading list, as well additional sources they have acquired independently to address the following objectives:
Assignment 1: individual essays will demonstrate knowledge and ability to
1 apply concepts of ethical leadership and followership to a variety of scenarios;
2 appreciate the scope of ethical responsibility for leaders and followers;
3 practice moral imagination for generating a range of options for ethical behaviour;
4 critically reflect on ethical issues that arise in organisations;
Individual Assignment 1: Case study of film stories in essay format
The following instructions are mapped against the assignment and module objectives.
Based on the stories in either the film Arbitrage  or The Truman Show  write a 1500 word essay that
- Identifies, assesses, and evaluates the major ethical issue of one story.
- Use concepts presented in the module material to discuss and critically evaluate issues of ethical leadership and ethical followership
- Apply concepts of ethical perspectives and ethical leadership theories to your evaluation to consider the decisions of the characters as well as alternative actions and potential alternative outcomes
- Compare and contrast the issues in the story to at least one real world example from business that is related and relevant illustrating how they are applicable to businesses and society and why we can learn from their analysis.
- Submitted work will not be plagiarized. Proper formatting and citations using APA 6th edition as a standard will be used. A “References” page listing all academic and business sources consulted using APA 6th ed. style referencing will be included
- No more than four Websites are allowed to be referenced/cited.
- 20 academic peer-reviewed journal articles are to be referenced/cited
- You must cite and reference the main textbook.