Group Case Study 3 Instructions
Complete a case study of ABC Corporation (your instructor will assign the specific company for the case study at the beginning of Module/Week 6), in the case section of the text (e.g. Case Number 3).
A formal, in-depth case study analysis requires you to utilize the entire strategic management process. Assume your group is a consulting team asked by the ABC Corporation to analyze its external/internal environment and make strategic recommendations. You must include exhibits to support your analysis and recommendations.
The case study must include these components:
- A total of 2-3 pages of text plus the exhibits for these sections
- Cover page (must include the company name, your group name, a list of the active team members, the date of submission, and a references page; the document must follow current APA guidelines)
- Matrices, which must be exhibits/attachments in the appendix and not part of the body of the analysis (The Strategy Club has excellent templates/examples for exhibits and matrices: http://strategyclub.com/free-student-template/)
Case study deliverables (text must follow this order with current APA level headings for each component):
- BCG Matrix (follow the Strategy Club’s template, not the textbook’s format)
- Alternative strategies (giving advantages and alternatives for each)
- Net Present Value analysis of proposed strategy’s new cash flow and EPS/EBIT analysis
NOTE: To construct the first cash flow (cf1) at the very minimum, the new revenue from your strategy(s) must be discounted back to the present value by calculating EBIT and that figure will be your cfn for each year. cf0 (initial cost of your strategy), cf1 (discounted cash flow first year), r (opportunity cost of capital, the rate of the next best alternative use of cash/debt/equity resources).