Academic Year 2017-2018
Assessment two will take the form of a closed book examination. The University Examinations Unit will give you a place and time to undertake this exercise. This will be sent to your university email address. This could be anytime up until mid-May. PLEASE DO NOT ARRANGE TO GO AWAY ON HOLIDAY BEFORE THIS DATE. The university will not provide an alternative date for you to sit the examination.
On the day concerned you will be asked to answer one of three questions. Here the choice of what question you answer is entirely up to you. These questions will reflect each of the three main parts of this module namely:
- Policy formulation (Part 1)
- Policy & research information (Part 2)
- The study of mega-policy (Part 3)
Because this is a closed book exercise you will not be allowed to bring your notes into the examination room with you. The assessment will be expected to take place under full examination conditions i.e. in a quiet and respectful work environment.
In this paper, you are supposed to discuss despite the efforts of academics, relatively little is known as to how policy is made. Or, research approaches and techniques designed to produce, prioritise, monitor and evaluate aviation policy have moved above the realms of simple descriptive statistics. Or discuss if the Aviation policy is best formulated at the National level
Answer any one of the following questions:
- Despite the efforts of academics, relatively little is known as to how policy is made. Discuss.
- Research approaches and techniques designed to produce, prioritise monitor and evaluate aviation policy have moved beyond the realms of simple descriptive statistics. Discuss
- Aviation policy is best formulated at the national level. Discuss
In answering these questions remember to include examples from your specialist industry i.e. aviation