Assessment Title: World Heritage Sites at risk
Assessment Length: 3000 words (Excluding references and appendices)
1) Critically appraise and apply current environmental legislation.
2) Critically appraise heritage assets and sustainable construction practices.
Discuss the cause and effect that environmental changes will have on urban United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) World Heritage Sites and consider the intervention and mitigation at local, national and international level. Within the essay you should cite several world heritage sites that may be at risk of losing their status, due to environmental degradation through inappropriate development, human intervention or consumption or natural deterioration of fabric and material. It is recommend that you use Liverpool and three other sites from around the world.
1) Appropriate reference to protocols, international agreements, organisations documents and relevant legislation and its application to the World Heritage Site under investigation [20 marks]
2) Analysis of the causes and effects of the environmental changes on specific sites should be detailed and debated.[20 marks]
3) Coherent debate against or for changes to the environment based on peer reviewed documents and best practice guidance.[30 marks]
4) Concise critical thinking should be articulated within your essay supported by seminal text using University of Bolton Harvard Referencing system.[30 marks]