ENTERPRISE MOBILE APP CONCEPTUALIZATION
In this assignment 1 you are the Manager of a department in a global multinational company (the type of organization/industry/business/service will be assigned to you via an email from the course examiner) In the light of the increasing number of your employees using their own mobile devices (BYOD) for work purposes, you have come up with an idea for a smartphone mobile app for a particular problem that will help improve the workflow, communications and productivity of your staff, both in-house as well as with company employees across the globe. Using Microsoft PowerPoint, develop a professional presentation to the CIO to convince him/her to provide the appropriate resources to realize the development, implementation and integration of your concept application into the Enterprise`s App Store. The concept of the app does not have to be particularly sophisticated or innovative for the purposes of this course. We are more interested in the processes and issues involved rather than the end product itself, and the app is therefore to be considered only as a means to an end. So an adaptation of an existing product or solution is acceptable.
Your pitch to the CIO will include:
1. Details about the organization/industry/business/service
1.1. Type (assigned to you)
1.2. Description of the organization
1.3. Description of department of which you are the Manager
2. The concept
3. The business drivers
4. The benefits
5. The target audience
6. Impact on existing staff, processes and procedures
7. A wireframe/prototype design of the user interfaces showing the app in its various steps and phases
1. In the design process, the best way to show customers, managers, and programmers the product you have in mind and want to create is to make a mockup of the views that compose the application user interface.
2. One of the first things you want to do to develop your app idea is to create a mockup of the app. A mockup, as the name implies, is a basic visual prototype of the look and feel of your app. Mockups serve two purposes, one is to test the core concepts of your app and the second is to serve as a blueprint to use when working with developers to build your app. A good mockup will lay out what every screen in your app looks like down to the buttons, colors and fonts and will illustrate how someone moves through the app to complete basic tasks.
a. The course examiner has negotiated a free licence for the Balsamiq wireframe software which you are free to download and use (https://balsamiq.com/download/#). Explore the many resources (videos, tutorials, blogs, etc.) at this site.
i. LICENSE INFORMATION:
1. License Name: Global Information Systems Strategy 2016
2. License Key: eJzzzU/OLi0odswsqnHPyU9KzFHwzEvLL8pNLMnMz1MIriwuSc0tVgg uKUosSU2vVDAyMDSrMTSxMDA3sLAwAIGakBpDAH9vF3M=
3. License End Date: Jan 01, 2017
4. Be sure to copy and paste the License Name and License Key exact as show above.
b. Please note that you may use a mockup/wireframe/prototype tool of your choice
3. The maximum number of slides is 20 (twenty).
4. Each slide must include speaker’s notes (in the Notes section) that expand on the bullet points and graphics on the slide.
5. There must be evidence in your presentation that your app is directly related to the organization/industry/business/service that you have been assigned. Failure to do so will result in zero marks being awarded for this assignment.
1. The assignment must be the expression of your own work. It is acceptable to discuss course content with others to improve your understanding and clarify requirements, but solutions to this assignment must be done on your own.
2. You must not copy from anyone, including tutors and fellow students, nor provide copies of your work to others. Assignments that do not adhere to this requirement will be deemed as being the result of collusion or plagiarism. This may lead to severe academic penalties as outlined in Academic Regulation 5.10 of the USQ Handbook. It is your own responsibility to ensure the integrity of your work. Refer to the Faculty of Business policy for further details.
3. NOTE: Your assignment will be sent automatically to the plagiarism checking website Turnitin when you submit your assignment.
ENTERPRISE MOBILE APP PROPOSAL
For the purposes of this Assignment 2 you are now the CIO of the multi-national company (you identified in Assignment 1). As the CIO you are impressed with the concept of the app presented to you in Assignment 1 by the Manager, and have commissioned, on your behalf, a senior member of your ICT department to prepare a comprehensive report to the CFO of the company presenting a case for the strategic development, implementation and integration of the app within the existing organizational and information systems framework. There are a number of technical and non-technical issues that need to be fully researched and investigated in writing up your report with specific reference to the proposed app from Assignment
1. Clearly state any assumptions you have had to make in attempting to address any of the topics. Also please note that in keeping within the page length restrictions you give due weighting and consideration to each of the topics based on your own determinations.
The report will include:
1. The problem
2. The concept and solution (do not repeat the UI diagrams from Assignment 1)
3. Key features of the app
4. Business case
5. Target audience
6. Strategic alignment within the organization`s business and IT strategies
7. Value proposition and other benefits
8. Infrastructure requirements including
8.1. Development platforms
8.2. Coding languages and tools
8.3. Use of cloud services
9. Software design, development and testing strategies
10. Internationalization for a global market
11. Social media integration strategies
12. Risk management - privacy, security, confidentiality, ethical issues etc.
13. Deployment and integration strategies
14. User acceptance and change management
15. Legacy systems
15.1. Database integration
15.2. Enterprise data integration
17. Future opportunities and enhancements
18. Recommendations and conclusion
1. Ideas obtained from sources must be included in your discussion by expressing the idea in your words and citing the source using the Harvard Referencing style.
2. Direct quotes of more than five (5) words will not be considered a demonstration of your knowledge and will be assessed accordingly.
3. The assignment must be the expression of your own work. It is acceptable to discuss course content with others to improve your understanding and clarify requirements, but solutions to this assignment must be done on your own.
4. You must not copy from anyone, including tutors and fellow students, nor provide copies of your work to others. Assignments that do not adhere to this requirement will be deemed as being the result of collusion or plagiarism. This may lead to severe academic penalties as outlined in Academic Regulation 5.10 of the USQ Handbook. It is your own responsibility to ensure the integrity of your work. Refer to the Faculty of Business policy for further details.
5. NOTE: Your assignment will be sent automatically to the plagiarism checking website Turnitin when you submit your assignment.