Unit Aims :
The aim of this unit is to develop learners’ understanding of the concepts and principles of UK business law and the ability to apply them to practical situations.
1. Understand types of UK laws, legal systems, and contracts law and their impact on international businesses.conventions.
- Differentiate between different types of law in the UK.
- Evaluate the impact of EU and UK contract laws on business.
- Explain intellectual property rights governing trademarks and brand names.
2. Understand the main concepts and principles of consumer & company law to given situations.
- Explain the importance of trade description law.
- Explain the rights of consumers given by the consumer protection agency
- Justify the importance of acting in accordance with consumer safety laws.
- Explain the formation and constitution of a company.
3. Understand employment law.
- Determine the nature, constitution, and structure of a company.
- Evaluate the management and administration roles of a company against employment law.
- Assess how employment laws contribute to termination of contracts.
- Evaluate the role of agency law.
4. Understand competition and the right to compete in the UK.
- Evaluate the impact of laws governing competition in different market conditions.