1. Chosen Podcast
Name: Making access to equity more equitable, with Just Capital`s Ashley Marchand Orme
The reason for choosing this podcast is it discusses a very important topic of equity and addresses the role of diversity and inclusion. The changes that are taking place on the organisational level and in employees` lives are discussed in the podcast.
3. Pieces of Information
The information shared by Ashley are interesting, and the points that drew my attention were;
• The employees have become smart; they not only think about salary or benefits when finding job but look around and evaluate the workplace. The positivity and support system in the workplace culture inputs energy in the employees to continue their operations and build satisfaction (Shires, 2023).
• The leaders and employees both participate in managing the culture of the organisation.
• A corporate racial equity tracker is a tool to measure the current practices of the company for managing diversity, inclusion and equity and the policies they implement.Authentic figures about the specific company will be obtained.
• The social aspect of ESG will be the centre of attention in the future; the companies will be more directed towards reducing social issues.
4. Career as an HR Professional
Entering the field, I will make sure that the workplace I am entering respects its people and the way they treat the employees. Also, in the profession, I will encourage the policies and practices that help in providing equal opportunities and where all the employees feel part of the company.
Apple, (2023). Making access to equity more equitable with Just Capital`s Ashley Marchand Orme. Retrieved from https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/making-access-to-equity-more-equitable-with-just/id1496992226?i=1000565463516
Shires, M. (2023, Feb 15). The Power of Positivity in the Workplace. LinkedIn. Retrieved