Economics for Business
Topics for Group Assignment DUE Week 11
- Micro Economics – Choose any one Industry from the list below and discuss Reforms in that industry in Australia – which include government competition policy, labour reforms and labour laws, minimum wages, productivity and training and technology (broad band).
- Individual industry like Education, Financial industry, Meat industry, Agricultural, Mining, Financial planning, Downfall of Car industry in Australia , Manufacturing and Tourism
- Comparative advantage – How companies and countries are becoming specialised in certain industries to compete and expand their businesses. Compare Australia with any other country.
- GDP- Compare Australia with any other economy and discuss their GDP last 2 to 5 years and factors affecting their GDP
- Unemployment – Discuss the unemployment rate, types, issues, and government policy of Australia and comment unemployment in various states of Australia. You need to specify in different region like NSW, WA, Tasmania, Qld or SA.
- Inflation – Compare Australia with any other country from the list which includes Germany, UK, USA,
China, India, Japan, Korea, Indonesia and discuss inflation and causes of inflation and the various governments policy on inflation.
- Monetary Policy – Discuss Australia’s Monetary policy during last 3 to 5 years. What are its affects and its problems on Australian Economy?
- Carbon Tax/Emission Trading scheme – Compare Australia with one of these countries or group of countries like Europe, USA and China/India and discuss the similarities or differences in ETS and its affect on the economy.
- Economic Growth – Compare Australia with any other advanced economy or developing country and discuss their economic growth during last 5 years and its effects on the society. (both positive and negative)
- Australian Budget in May for 2014. Discuss the various aspects of expenditure and revenue in the budget. Comment on various stakeholders’ reaction to this budget like Businesses, Consumers, Employees, Social welfare groups and Industry etc.
Structure of the Essay
- Introduction – which topic 300 words
- Body- Discuss the topic from your secondary research with some theory -2500 words
- Conclusion 200 words
- Better marks for those groups who have collected and analysed secondary data effectively and applied the various economic theories/models.
- You need articles between 4 to 6 from media (written by Uni Professors, Business leaders, Journalists, Government agencies like RBA/ABS/ACCC, or any other stakeholders in the industry) on your topic to write a decent assignment.
- Some graphs and charts are required to support your analysis.
- You need to give Reference with your assignment. (4 to 6)