POST and COMMENTARY EXPECTATIONS:
A short (approximately 500 words) response to the week’s readings Your responses should indicate a substantive and thoughtful analysis. Focused on a specific issue or question, Post/Commentary ALWAYS MUST do the following:
- Name the Core Questions of the critical reading: what are the predominant questions that the author is proposing to explore and answer in the text?
- Summarize the authors claim(s) and explain how the author supports that/those claim(s), by making sure to CITE AT LEAST ONE PIECE OF TEXTUAL EVIDENCE FOR EACH TEXT.
- Identify and explain the connections/ implications when looking at Race, Gender, Privilege, Ethnicity, and Culture, and P.L.A.C.E. (Psychology, Language, Arts, Culture, and Education)
- Highlight and explain the issues that most concern you with a given set of readings, describe your initial scholarly opinion about the texts in question, and/or identify the problems or questions you want to pursue in class discussion.
- Connect to current times and context, for example:
- School, social work, professional interest, etc.
- Revelations readings had for your own positionality