Students are required to select ONE of the Public Health England`s Big Ambitions for the public’s health (June 2014) and identify the issues for a London locality and give recommendations for action (2000 word equivalent) with 12-20 references from U.K resources.
INTRODUCTION (+/- 200 words)
Set the scene.
Introduce the concept of public health.
Introduce the reader to the title of the essay, aims and objectives.
Explain why you have chosen the specific priority for your locality.
Main body (+/- 1600 words)
• Introduce the reader to your chosen locality and the facts and figures pertinent to the problem (+/- 100 words)
• Identify local strategy(s) used and provide a brief summary (+/- 200words).
• Select up to 3 aspects you would like to address in your description (+/-300 words) each.
• Bring examples of your observations or practice experience and support it with references from the literature – evidence based (+/- 200 words).
• Your recommendations should reflect the effectiveness of these initiatives. This can be supported by data (if available) or what you think
could be done differently and why (+/- 200 words).
Conclusion (+/- 200 words)
• Summarise the content of your essay and talk about specific learning points and how you they will impact your development as a health care professional.