The submission is in the form of an individual written report. This should be written in a concise, formal business style using single spacing and font size 12. You are required to make use of headings, paragraphs and subsections as appropriate, and all work must be supported with research and referenced using the Harvard referencing system. Please also provide a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system. The recommended word limit is 3,000 - 3,500 words, although you will not be penalised for exceeding the total word limit.
LO1 Analyse the influence of culture, politics and power on the behaviour of others in an organisational context.
LO2 Evaluate how to motivate individuals and teams to achieve a goal.
LO3 Demonstrate an understanding of how to cooperate effectively with others.
LO4 Apply concepts and philosophies of organizational behaviour to a given business situation.
You are a newly appointed Change Manager within an organisation which is struggling to change the organisational culture to improve the productivity. You have been asked by your line manager to produce a report for this fast-evolving company discussing about organisational culture, motivation and team building practices within business organisations. Your report should include analysis and discussion of the various organisational cultures and motivational theories, and to identify which ones can be found in your organisation. The discussion must then evaluate how the above-mentioned theories influence behaviours within organisations and how this affects the performance of each organisation. You will conclude with recommendations on how your organisation could improve the performance of their staff to meet goals.
Task 1 (LO1, LO2, LO3, LO4)
You are required to produce a report covering the following tasks:
- You have been asked to analyse how an organisation’s culture, politics and power can influence individual and team behaviour and performance. You should also critically analyse how the culture, politics and power of an organisation can influence individual and team behaviour and performance.
- You should evaluate how content and process theories of motivation and motivational techniques enable effective achievement of goals in an organizational context. You need to also critically evaluate how to influence the behaviour of others through the effective application of behavioural motivational theories, concepts and models
- Additionally, your report should include critical evaluation for the relationship between culture, politics, power and motivation that enables teams and organisations to succeed providing justified recommendations.
- You need to explain what makes an effective team as opposed to an ineffective team and you must also analyse relevant team and group development theories to support the development of dynamic cooperation.
- You need to apply concepts and philosophies of OB within an organisational context and a given business situation. Additionally, you need to explore and evaluate a range of concepts and philosophies in how they inform and influence behaviour in both positive and negative ways.
You need to also critically analyse and evaluate the relevance of team development theories, concepts and philosophies that influence behaviour in the work place to improve business performance and productivity