What are the current issues and trends affecting the graduate job market in general and the job market of an industry of your choice in particular. How should you use your understanding of these issues and trends to help you maximise your chances of being successful in job hunting at the end of your degree programme
The questions below aim to help you conduct research and provide useful information
- What evidence is there to show the extent to which the graduate job market in UK is increasing or decreasing during 2016-2017. Are there any differences among sectors.
- What evidence is there to show the extent to which the uptake of internships or other vacation work with a graduate employer whilst at university is beneficial for landing a job during 2016-2017?
- What feedback can you report on from students who have successfully completed internships/placements?
- What information websites etc. are available to advise and support students who are thinking of applying for internships/placements.
- What are the pros and cons of participating in a one-year placement between years two and three?