Reflective journal that considers how course has shaped ideas and developed skills useful for learning and leading in the future.
Assessment details: Discuss your major observations about leadership studied during the semester. This exercise should be written in the first person (i.e I did, I learned, I will). Although you need to write in the first person, this is an academic essay and should be referenced in the normal manner.
Take your leadership definition from Week 1 and discuss how your ideas have changed or been reinforced over the semester.
- What is your definition of leadership now?
- What have you learned about leadership through this subject that is of benefit to you and/or your organization?
- What implications do your studies of leadership have for you in the future?
- What more do you need to learn or do? · How will you develop your own leadership knowledge and skills?
- Where are your developmental opportunities?
- How will you improve where improvement is needed?
Do not merely summarise each week’s readings. Instead, explain how the readings, class activities, discussions, films, and your observations have helped you understand and apply leadership concepts to your work or life experiences and/or goals, and where you will go from here to learn more and become a better leader.
Please use this book and additional resources to sate your reflection.
The book for this course is “This course will be conducted on the presumption that students have a copy of: Padilla, A. (2013). Leadership: Leaders, Followers, and Environments. Wiley.”
You can follow few points from book such as
1.Introductions Overview of the course; What is leadership? Why should we focus on leadership?
2 Classical Schools of Thought
3 Leadership: definitions and models
4 Nature or Nurture
5 Values and Ethics
6 Leadership and organisational culture
7 Leadership and gender
8 Positive leadership concepts
9 International approaches to leadership
10 Leadership development
11 Public and not-for-profit leadership Trends
But please don’t just explain the theories its must your own reflection about these things after doing this course.