– be able to find relevant and important information about organisations, their industries and marketplaces from secondary sources;
– be able to evaluate the key marketing aspects of segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP) and be able to analyse an organisation’s approach to STP;
– be able to apply the marketing mix and aspects of branding and positioning to a specific target market and be able to evaluate competitors’ programs.
– Drawing on a wide range of literature on innovation (not just 1 or 2 sources), develop a framework that you could use to assess an organisation in terms of innovation. Describe your framework and justify the critical elements (with reference to the literature).
– The next step is to apply this framework to a particular organisation of your own choice. Where are the gaps? What is being done well, what areas need to be improved? Note: This organisation may be your own workplace, or an organisation you would like to work for.
– Finally, develop a plan to address areas of weakness. You may choose to focus on a few key areas and discuss them in detail.