Evaluate the effectiveness of government policy to reduce inequality and poverty through making the tax system more progressive
Question 1: How did the Aravind Eye Hospital boost its efficiency from TWO to SEVEN times (Macdonalisation)?
Use appropriate numerical techniques to analyse all the data (not just accounting ratios)
• What are the components of the organizational environment (Internal, task and general environment) of the company. Briefly describe with suitable examples
The separation of ownership and control in a modern corporation often requires the delegation of significant decision-making authority to professional managers, which introduces the possibility that managers will have incentives to make decisions that benefit them at the expense of shareholders” (Byrd, Parrino and Pritsch, 1998).
Discuss the types of Manager – Debtholder (i.e lender) conflict that exist and the various mechanisms that can be used/implemented to mitigate/reduce those problems/conflicts of interests drawing insights from relevant theories and empirics from the literature.
Critically analyse the main four factors that affect convergence time in BGP: failure detection time, event propagation time, recalculation time and forwarding table update time and explain why BGP PIC Edge is important as an optimization technique in an MPLS VPN environment. Describe the problems that PIC can manifest and solutions to overcome such issues. Illustrate your answer with specific examples on a selected topology.
Despite the efforts of academics, relatively little is known as to how policy is made. Discuss.
The culture of sport (Consider the relationship between the sports culture and the influence to sports, and consider the historical background of the sport and its impact to current provision). (could maybe focus on mega-events, and Qatar being a `sporting hub`/ Fifa world cup 2022, Although would need a comparative country which connects with similar chara
Show clear evidence of the systematic ability to reflect upon relevant concepts and theories in order to gain a deep understanding of a specific international case study.
Wilkinson and Pickett argue that people will live better lives and be happier in less unequal societies. Discuss this argument and refer to examples.
With reference to classroom practice and the psychological impacts of poverty, discuss the ways in which developmental theories have shaped, or could shape, the ways in which education works with issues of socio-economic influence?
Much of the progress in domestic Employment and Labour law in the last decades can be traced back to the influence of the two European Courts. The more recent case-law of both the CJEU and the ECtHR, however, in most areas of Employment and Labour law is unsatisfactory, as it seems to have the potential for a serious regression in the protection of rights
2) Relate the theory and practice of the management to the planning organising, coordinating and controlling of the organisations.
1) Demonstrate an understanding of the theories, principles and practices of the management.
• Illustrate planning and feasibility study for the chosen project with evidence of its implementation and investigation methods.
Apply your knowledge of communication processes and communication barriers to identify risks of ineffectiveness – and how that might be avoided in any two of the following contexts: (a) Team briefings
(a) Which applications of HR theory would you advise David’s manager to consider and how would you avoid an adverse impact on the other staff? (13 marks)
advantages and disadvantages of each of these two strategies. Professor Rodger’s seven point plan and Munro Fraser’s five fold grading system are used in recruitment and selection. For what purpose are they used? Should they be adhered to carefully or used as guidelines? Explain your opinion.
What is the market value of equity, or market capitalisation? How many shares does Harvey Norman have outstanding?
4. You now have all the necessary information to calculate the weighted average cost of capital for Harvey Norman. Calculate the weighted average cost of capital for Harvey Norman using book value weights and market value weights. Assume Harvey Norman has a 30% tax rate. Which cost of capital number is more relevant? (10 marks)
5. You used Harvey Norman as a pure play company to estimate the cost of capital for HCL. Are there any potential problems with this approach in this situation? (10 Marks)
1. Most publicly traded corporations are required to submit half-yearly and annual reports to the ASX detailing the financial operations of the company over the past half-year or year, respectively. These reports are available on the ASX website at www.asx.com.au or in the investor section of the company’s own website. Go to the ASX website and search for announcements made by Harvey Norman. Find the most recent annual report or half-year report and download the report. Look on the balance sheet to find the book value of debt and the book value of equity. If you look in the report, you should find a section titled ‘Interest Rate Risk Management’, which will provide a breakdown of Harvey Norman’s long-term debt. (10 Marks)
The international and the UK auditing standards recognise that auditors are responsible for obtaining reasonable assurance that financial statements should be free from material misstatements (MM). However, due to inherent limitations of an audit, some MM may not be detected (e.g. fraud)
1) Briefly discuss the concept of financial statements fraud, and the auditors’ legal and professional responsibility;
Discuss this statement, using examples of at least two specific DNA repair pathways to illustrate your answer.
DNA repair can have different roles in cancer susceptibility and cancer treatment, and be considered a double-edged sword. Discuss this statement, using examples of at least two specific DNA repair pathways to illustrate your answer.
Critical analysis of the effectiveness of the two organisations’ digital activities; quality of argument and comparative analysis; identification of limitations in the organisations’ strategies.
S1 – Actively manage own learning through independent study and effective information gathering
K1 – Demonstrate a critical understanding of sport and physical education using an international perspective
1. Describe the biotechnology industry. What are the main activities of the industry? Which sector/segment of the industry is the largest in terms of industry value? Who are the key players?
Question 2 Apply your knowledge of communication processes and communication barriers to identify risks of ineffectiveness – and how that might be avoided in any two of the following contexts: (a) Team briefings
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each of these two strategies. Professor Rodger’s seven point plan and Munro Fraser’s five fold grading system are used in recruitment and selection. For what purpose are they used? Should they be adhered to carefully or used as guidelines? Explain your opinion
Question 2 Training has been defined as ‘an instructor-led and content-based intervention leading to desired changes in behaviour’ (a) Outline a systematic approach to training
Question 4 (a) Summarise the purposes of Human Resource Planning and outline the processes involved.
Question 1 The people and performance research carried out for the CIPD by a team at Bath University found that front line managers played an important role in Human Resource Management. Discuss the roles of HR professionals and of line managers in the following contexts: (a) Performance appraisal
Although historically most FDI has been directed to developed nations, FDI into developing nations has increased significantly over past 20 years. Discuss main theories explaining FDI and examine costs and benefits of FDI using FDI data from World Bank database for a country of your choice.
Research report on CVS (UK vet company) company to include - financial turnover, profitability, business model, strategic focus, core business review, people turnover, people culture, customer service standards. Conclusion to include recommendations for investment or acquisition.
• Critically evaluate the role of project governance, its policies and procedures, whilst maintaining stakeholder relationships
How is the British Muslim community represented in a news media text of your choice? Discuss with reference to debates on assimilation and multiculturalism.
2. To critically evaluate principles and practices guiding financial management of the multinational enterprise
You have been able to explain management accounting and give the essential requirements for different types of management accounting systems to the chosen scenario giving examples.
2) Demonstrate a clear and largely accurate understanding of the way third-party interests in land arise.
1) Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and largely accurate understanding of the scope, nature and effect of interest in land.
2) Discuss how auditors can identify symptoms of fraud existence, what are the most appropriate detection techniques of their assessment process; and in which situations they may have difficulty in detecting existing fraud activities;
1) Briefly discuss the concept of financial statements fraud, and the auditors’ legal and professional responsibility;
Describe two orientations of marketing, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of each (300 words)
1.1 Summarise the stages of the research process and compare different data collection methods.
Understand key contemporary labour market trends and their significance for workforce planning.
1.1 Assess the context of the reward environment and key perspectives that inform reward decisions.
Critically evaluate whether the Equality Act 2010 has made the law easier to understand and strengthened the protection to individuals
As indicated in the case, what strategy should TWC follow: consumer apps or professional business services or both? Explain using data.
As indicated in the case, how can TWC retain its competitive advantage with its app? What other data should be incorporated in the app to make it a source of premium advt revenue?
Describe the app development process at TWC? Was it different from other firms? Talk to your IT department and explain how it is different from your firm.
Explain the process of transformation of a traditional company like TWC as described in the case. What factors helped in the transformation?
a) How does the author decompose earning shares for three groups of workers ( Low-income, Middle income, and High Income) by gender? Derive equation 2 from equation 1 by rearranging, taking logs, and time derivatives.
a) Briefly discuss one major weakness of the Gini index as a measure of income inequality ( Read page 27). Mention also one weakness of the measure of inequality based on household surveys data
b) Why is upward social mobility higher in Canada and Nordic Countries compared to the United States?
11.2 an analytical, theoretical, and literary-critical understanding of selected key texts of C20th utopian and dystopian literature;
11.1 analytical knowledge of aspects of the philosophy and theory of utopia from Plato to the present day;
You will be expected to write a research paper investigating some aspect of economic, political, or social relations in a state of the Asia Pacific.
Identify and explain the connections/ implications when looking at Race, Gender, Privilege, Ethnicity, and Culture, and P.L.A.C.E. (Psychology, Language, Arts, Culture, and Education)
Name the Core Questions of the critical reading: what are the predominant questions that the author is proposing to explore and answer in the text?
Part 2: Discuss education in low-income communities and the benefits of a community need assessment. Come up with a policy analysis as it relates to targeted interventions for that community. The intervention will be determined by perceived and found need
Using a community with which you are familiar, conduct an assessment to develop greater understanding of the community. Through observations, analysis of U.S. Census data, assess how well the community carries out the functions of socialization, social control and mutual support. Pay special attention to strengths and resources.
In addition to describing the minimum wage within the economic framework (as a price floor), your paper should also develop an argument and have a thesis statement.
You should rewrite this topic to make an argument based on empirical evidence, such as: Minimum Wage Laws Achieve their Goals, or We Should Raise the Minimum Wage, or We Should Eliminate the Minimum Wage, or Minimum Wage Laws Raise Unemployment, or The Minimum Wage Helps the Poor, etc.
Write a report in which you track and reflect on the performance of your portfolio of equity investments over a period time that is not less than one month.
(3) You have been provided with an Aged inventories listing, Identify audit procedures that you would use to gain assurance over the valuation of the inventory.
(a) Outline the ethical threats you have identified, referencing the relevant standard and the appropriate safeguards, including recommendations of appropriate safeguards that could be implemented.
(1) Draft a letter to the management team, explaining the term audit, and the limitations of the audit, the responsibilities of the auditor and management, the purpose of the engagement letter and its contents.
a) Interpret the coefficients on EXP, Exp2, and Edu and the Dummy variable. Check whether the dummy variable is statistically significant at the 5% level based on the p-value method.
Retrieve the data for South Korea ( for the Cobb-Douglas Production function) from D2L in Excel and import the data in Eviews. Generate the logs of L,K,and rgd. Note: L=labour, K=capital, rgd = real gdp. In Eviews you will click “quick” and select “generate” option. Example, lY = log (rgd), lk=log(K), ll =log(L).
2. Identify the essential elements of well written accurate, lucid documentation in a business environment.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the skills required for effective writing of letters and documents
LO 2. Analyse philosophies and theories which inform the field of early childhood education and care;
LO 1. Create arts-informed representations of perspectives and constructs of children, childhood and adult-child relationships;
2-Analyze the potential management approaches (medical and nursing) for a hypertensive diabetic patient.
1-Discuss the pathophysiology of type 2 diabetes as it relates to the chronic symptoms the patient is experiencing.
Develop a master production schedule for the breadmaker. What do the projected ending inventory and available-to-promise numbers look like? Has Realco “overpromised”? In your view, should Realco update either the forecast or the production numbers? Comment on Jack’s approach to order promising.
Demonstrate your learning about marketing concepts covered in this unit and allow you to demonstrate your level of understanding of those principles
Marketing in the 21st Century has drastically evolved and is a critical component of business administration. The design of Marketing plans is integral to business organisation and the assessment for this subject aims to provide students with group and individual work to apply effective marketing strategies.
In October 2002, the FASB (Financial Accounting Standards Board) and the IASB (International Accounting Standards Board) announced the issuance of a memorandum of understanding (
Critically discuss the scope of the new conceptual framework for financial reporting. Compare the new framework with the 1989 IASB framework for the preparation and presentation of financial statements
• Critically discuss and apply a conceptual and regulatory framework for International financial reporting standards.
1.1 Assess the context of the reward environment and key perspectives that inform reward decisions.
Critically evaluate and analyse any ethical and strategic tax issues faced by UK companies - Ethical position of companies
Discuss treatment of trading losses for a single company and group of companies How are subsidiaries and treated within the EU or outside the EU (in terms of trading losses)
Discuss current developments in corporation tax and the role of corporation tax a fiscal policy tool in the UK - Define corporation tax
a) Outline and implement the marketing research process and identify a range of methods of acquiring, using and storing data
LO2 Conduct small-scale research, information gathering and data collection to generate knowledge to support the project
Demonstrating competence in the production and presentation of results from Microsoft EXCEL
1). Plot a separate scatter diagrams of demand for coffee, Y, against, 𝑋1, real price of coffee and for demand for coffee Y, and real personal disposable income, 𝑋2. Comment on kind of relationship that exit?
Why learning through reflection is important and what values could bring to your professional development?
Read Good Work: the Taylor Review of Modern Working Practices (2017). Use this review to define “good work”. Make recommendations which detail what needs to happen at Shirebrook to elevate the warehouse to one meets the criteria of a “good work” environment and not an environment of conflict.
Use relevant theory to provide a critical analysis of the conflict between the employees and management, highlight all relevant voices.
Demonstrate my understanding in depth of the philosophical or theological anthropology of one of the writers i.e. Peter Singer or Joseph Fletcher and relate it to the healthcare profession
Show an understanding of how investment appraisal is altered by the international environment by applying the techniques to your investment idea.
Evaluate findings, draw appropriate conclusions from analysis of the data and make recommendations and/or develop solutions for problems identified
2) Provide a critique of the modern Slavery Act 2015 and how it has been applied so far. The main focus should be on section 54 of the act which prescribes a reporting obligation of the corporation.
1) In the context of one of the areas of Human Trafficking listed below, undertake a critical assessment of the effectiveness of transnational legal frameworks underpinning the obligation of Prevention, Prosecution and Protection.
Article: A phenomenological study of the postoperative experiences of patients undergoing surgery for colorectal cancer.
L01: Critically evaluate the international business environment in the host country (-------). You are required to present an analysis (max 600 words) using PESTLE Analysis model, which will incorporate a brief overview of your chosen sector within the last five years of the sector selected. In addition a company profile of the selected company.
B. Critically evaluate and analyse any ethical and strategic tax issues faced by companies in the UK. (35 MARKS)
A. Discuss current developments in corporation tax and role of corporation tax as Government fiscal policy tools in the UK.
You are required to create a market entry report for Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces (THRP).
Benefits of using dramatic play and storytelling to promote communication and self- awareness in children with autism
what are teachers perceptions in using interactive whiteboards in the classroom to teach students with dyslexia`?
3. Referring to research literature on time perception, highlight what specific findings in this field can tell us about attention and memory processes.
2. Referring to cognitive perspective-taking / theory of mind research in adults, highlight what specific findings tells us about the influences on, and cognitive processes underlying, self-other interactions.
1. Explore a real-world issue from the perspective of problem finding, problem solving, and solution evaluation. What can this tell us about how problems are solved?’
Describe the genetic cause for the chosen condition. Include an explanation of how this leads to symptoms. briefly cover examples of recent research into treatment options .include genetic diagram showing possible genotypes and phenotypes of individuals. give possible reasons for distribution of the condition.
Synthesize learning from a range of masters’ modules to demonstrate an evidence-based perspective on leadership.
Critically analyse and evaluate organisational leadership and management perspectives taken in theory and practice
or the promotional mix there’s five types ( advertising, direct marketing, sales promotions, public relations, personal selling.) and for place there are retailer wholesaler distributer anid agent.
You have been asked to produce a Management Report to present to the Board of Caifu Investments Ltd that analyses both organisations.
comparison of the management and leadership styles used in H&M and Next based 5 on secondary and primary data collected.
Assume you work at a regional state university (this a hypothetical university on United Arab Emirates ) whose traditional target market, high school students within your region, is shrinking. This segment is projected to decrease over the next ten years. Recommend other potential market segments and discuss the criteria you should consider to ensure that the identified segments are useful.
2. The report should analyze the assigned topic (Initial Public Offerings) in general with a focus on the current status and the characteristics of the corresponding market in the UAE and the region.
You work for an organisation of your choosing. Select and research a product or service that they currently sell or offer. The Marketing Manager has asked you to produce a 1,750 word proposal on how you would market your chosen product or service.
1. Describe how marketing techniques are used in the marketing of products in a range of organisations
The register should be a complete and accurate reflection of the state of the title to the land at any given time. It should be possible to investigate title to land online, with an absolute minimum of additional enquiries and inspections
Assess and evaluate Communication in one organisation. You must refer to models of communication and current academic literature
1. How is emotional, behavioural, social, and school wellbeing associated with concurrent educational outcomes?
An explanation of how children and young people`s development is influenced by: a range of external factors
Understand and analyse language and education issues from socio-historical and socio-political perspectives, in local, national and global contexts.